Payments can now be made the following ways during your COVID 19 Appointments:
- If you book online, payment is taken at the time of booking.
- Card Machine: Contactless – up to £45 (More with Google & Apple Pay).
- Card Machine: – Non Contactless. Put your card in. Then enter your pin and press the green ‘enter’ button. The machine prints a receipt, which is yours, tear it off. Remove your card and that’s it!
- We will also take the correct amount of cash, if it’s in an envelope.
- if You prefer we can send an invoice to you via ‘Stripe’ payments.
- Receipts for any treatments can be sent via email at any time.
We do ask
Please complete the COVID-19 form
You will be sent a form via the email reminder messages. The form is a simple tick box which needs to be completed close to the time of each appointment and not days before! Just click the link which opens a separate window. Once the form is completed it is then stored directly in your information.
NB It is a requirement for these forms to be completed.
Completing online saves paper!
What has Changed?
- Can you stay in your car till the time of your appointment, please? this avoids issues with ‘social distancing’.
- Your temperature will be taken and recorded, on arrival.
- Hand Wipes, Sanitizer Gel, gloves and Masks are aavailable in reception, for your use.
- Sadly the Seating pads in reception have had to be removed.
- There is a ‘sneeze’ screen for the protection of staff and patients, in reception.
- Treatment couches no longer have the soft velvet covers.
- We do ask that you bring towels in for Osteopathic and Massage appointments.
- Our Pillows have special ‘wipe clean’ protectors. We wipe them after patient.
Covid-19 Test and Trace
If you are contacted by Test and Trace (or equivalent) to provide details of your contacts, please ensure to categorise your Osteopath as a healthcare contact and not a general contact. Due to The Richards Centre following Public Health England guidelines, naming us as a healthcare contact allows Test and Trace to advise us accordingly.
If The Richards Centre is contacted by Test and Trace (or equivalent) please note they have an obligation to provide basic contact information of those that have visited the clinic in the interest of public health:
The introduction of a contact tracing system by Central Government is in the public interest to protect citizens of the UK from the transmission of COVID-19. Notwithstanding the need by osteopaths to seek explicit patient consent to share medical records with third parties in order to satisfy GDPR Article 9, some details can be shared where it involves public interest matters.
Article 6 provides special provision where the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
Clearly tracing those potentially infected with COVID-19 is in the public interest and the osteopath can share basic contact information such as the patient name, address, telephone number and email address with tracing agents. However, they are not permitted to share any medical information (beyond basic contact details) without the consent of the patient or a Court Order.