Painless Nail surgery is available:- Mondays and Wednesdays, including evenings and Saturdays. All Ingrown Toenail surgery is carried out at THE RICHARDS’ CENTRE by experienced Podiatrists.
Nail surgery is a ‘surgical procedure’ under local anaesthetic. As in dentistry, the toe is numbed first, before a tourniquet (to prevent blood flow) is put around the toe. Phenol is put onto the nail to prevent re-growth.
NAIL SURGERY IS INTENDED FOR
• Ingrown nail where the nail penetrates the skin
• Thickened nails caused by injury or fungal infection
• Corns occurring under the nail
• Acute inflamed bleeding toes
DON’T BOOK NAIL SURGERY
• If you are waiting for an operation.
• During pregnancy or while breastfeeding (we have alternatives!)
• Within 24 hours of having a local anaesthetic.
A TYPICAL SURGERY TIMETABLE
• Book a ‘Routine’ ½ hour appointment with one of our Chiropodists. They will check the nail and, in most cases, deal with the problem, to avoid Nail Surgery. The cost for this is £38 (Extra if a local anaesthetic is used)
• If surgery is necessary and carried out within a month, of the initial appointment, the £38 cost is reduced from the cost of surgery.
• A convenient Nail Surgery appointment will be booked for:-
1 ¼ hrs for 1 side of the nail
1 ½ hrs for both sides
• Wear ‘loose open-toed shoes’. Don’t drive, walk or take public transport. Avoid alcohol.
• Try to be off your feet for 24 hours
• Re-dressing appointments will be made at the time. Don’t remove the dressing at all before the first re-dressing appointment. If the wound seeps, put one of the dressings provided,over the top and elevate the foot.
Minor removal, with anaesthetic, during treatment £80
One side of the Nail removed (includes initial assessment & 2 Follow-ups)£255
Both sides, or Whole Nail removal (includes initial assessment & 2 Follow-ups)£310
Double Nail Surgery is available at £55 extra per side