Painless Nail surgery is available:- Mondays and Wednesdays, including evenings and Saturdays. All Ingrown Toenail surgery is carried out at THE RICHARDS’ CENTRE by experienced Podiatrists.
Nail surgery is a ‘surgical procedure’ under local anaesthetic. As in dentistry, the toe is numbed first, before a tourniquet (to prevent blood flow) is put around the toe. Phenol is put onto the nail to prevent re-growth.
NAIL SURGERY IS INTENDED FOR
• Ingrown nail where the nail penetrates the skin
• Thickened nails caused by injury or fungal infection
• Corns occurring under the nail
• Acute inflamed bleeding toes
DON’T BOOK NAIL SURGERY
• If you are waiting for an operation.
• During pregnancy or while breastfeeding (we have alternatives!)
• Within 24 hours of having a local anaesthetic.
A TYPICAL SURGERY TIMETABLE
• Book a ‘Routine’ ½ hour appointment with one of our Chiropodists. They will check the nail and, in most cases, deal with the problem, to avoid Nail Surgery. The cost for this is £39 (Extra if a local anaesthetic is used)
• If surgery is necessary and carried out within a month, of the initial appointment, the £39 cost is reduced from the cost of surgery.
• A convenient Nail Surgery appointment will be booked for:-
1 ¼ hrs for 1 side of the nail
1 ½ hrs for both sides
• Wear ‘loose open-toed shoes’. Don’t drive, walk or take public transport. Avoid alcohol.
• Try to be off your feet for 24 hours
• Re-dressing appointments will be made at the time. Don’t remove the dressing at all before the first re-dressing appointment. If the wound seeps, put one of the dressings provided,over the top and elevate the foot.
Prices for Painless ‘Wand’ Nail Surgery
One side of the Nail removed (includes initial assessment & 2 Follow-ups)£255
Both sides, or Whole Nail removal (includes initial assessment & 2 Follow-ups)£310
Double Nail Surgery is available at £55 extra per side