We offer Nail surgery at convenient times, so that you, the patient, need take as little time out of work as possible. There are no ‘ Long Waiting Lists’, because surgery is carried out at THE RICHARDS’ CENTRE by Ralf Jeutter, our experienced Podiatrist.
Nail surgery is more a ‘surgical procedure’ used to treat problem nails and is performed under a local anaesthetic. The anaesthetic numbs the toe and a tourniquet (a rubber band to temporarily prevent blood flow) may be placed over the toe being treated. Part or the whole affected nail may be removed. Following removal, a chemical (phenol) is applied to the nail to prevent the nail from growing again.
NAIL SURGERY IS INTENDED FOR
• Ingrown nail where the nail penetrates the skin
• Thickened nails caused by injury or fungal infection
• Corns occurring under the nail
• Acute inflamed bleeding toes
PRIOR TO SURGERY
• If you are waiting for another operation tell the Podiatrist, nail surgery can be postponed until afterwards.
• If there is a possibility of being pregnant, or if you are breast-feeding inform the Podiatrist beforehand as
the full nail surgery procedure is generally not advisable, however alternative arrangements can be made.
• Don’t book a dental or any other appointment, which might necessitate local anaesthetic within 24 hours of
A TYPICAL SURGERY TIMETABLE
• A 30 minute chiropody appointment, with either Eve, or Ralf, where the nail is assessed and where possible
treated. More often than not, NO SURGERY IS REQUIRED.This appointment is then paid for at the
• If it is decided that surgery is necessary, and the procedure is carried out within a month, the cost of this
initial appointment is refunded against the cost of the surgery.
• A Surgery appointment for 1hr 15mins for 1 side of the nail, or 1hr 30mins for both sides is booked, at your
• You are advised to wear ‘loose open-toed shoes’, not to drive, walk or take public transport and avoid alcohol.
• Try to be off your feet for 24 hours
• Re-dressing appointments are made, but it’s important not to change the dressing before if blood seeps through.
If it does happen, apply another dressing on top and elevate the foot.
Minor removal, with anaesthetic, during treatment £80
One side of the Nail removed (includes initial assessment & 2 Follow-ups)£255
Both sides, or Whole Nail removal (includes initial assessment & 2 Follow-ups)£310
Double Nail Surgery is available at £55 extra per side