The Bewbush neighbourhood is one of Crawley’s 13 designated neighbourhoods in West Sussex, England. Bewbush is located in Crawley’s south west, bordered by Broadfield to the south, Ifield to the north, Kilnwood Vale to the west, and Gossops Green to the north east. Approximately 9,000 people live in the neighbourhood.
Buchan Country Park
The Buchan Country Park has won a Green Flag award. Enjoy this special piece of Sussex countryside and the wildlife it supports.
- Countryside Centre
- CoffeEco Mobile Barista located at the top of the car park, on the right-hand side before you enter the park (opening times may vary. See the CoffeeEco Mobile Barista Facebook page for details)
- Phil Haskell Wild Garden (dog free area)
- picnic area, picnics are permitted following government social distancing guidelines
- three designated BBQ stands located in the picnic area
- free parking (voluntary car park donation scheme in operation)
- disabled parking
- free coach parking with prior arrangement
- pushchair access
- wheelchair access
- toilets, including a disabled toilet and baby change facilities
- dog walking (keep dogs under effective control in all areas of the park)
- dog dip
- dog bins
- fishing (Crawley Angling Society members only).
A network of hard-surfaced paths ensures that walking is easy in all weather conditions. Many parts of the park are accessible to pushchairs and wheelchairs.
A 3.5km (2-mile) novice orienteering course is available, and maps can be downloaded or collected at the Countryside Centre.
Bewbush Water Gardens
Mill Pond and Water Gardens
The Ifield Mill Pond consists of northern and southern ponds, as well as Bewbush Water Gardens, an area of semi-formal ponds and natural planting.
The area has been designated as a Site of Nature Conservation Importance.
Things to do
Ifield Watermill is open every last Sunday of the month from May to September and on National Mills Day in May. For more information, call 01293 539088.
The boardwalk loops around the Ifield Mill Pond in 30 minutes, or a longer walk of 60 minutes takes you past the Ifield Water Mill.
You will find worksheets for children and an information leaflet for adults to help you make the most of your time exploring the area.
Mill Pond is located south of the railway line and is operated by Crawley Angling Society for members only.